Capsulated Bio & Curriculum Vitae
Karrine Steffans is the New York Times bestselling author of seven titles: Confessions of a Video Vixen, The Vixen Diaries, The Vixen Manual, Satisfaction, and How to Make Love to a Martian published by Harper Collins Publishers, Hachette Book Group, USA, and Steffans Publishing Enterprises, respectively. As well as Decor and the Single Girl and Vindicated, published by BenBella Books.
The author and her books have been featured on shows hosted by the likes of Paula Zahn, Donny Deutsch, Tyra Banks, Bill O’Reilly, Geraldo Rivera, Kathy Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb, and the queen of daytime herself, Oprah Winfrey. Quite accidentally, the author also contributed satirical editorial to HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher.
Steffans serves as keynote and motivational speaker to notable universities and private groups, touching on a wide array of topics including but not limited to, gender, sex and sexuality, sexism and misogyny, shaming and judgment, domestic violence and the state of hip-hop music as it pertains to the systematic breaking down of the black female image and society as a whole.
Currently, the author resides in Los Angeles.
Contributor, xoJane.com; New York, NY (2016 - Present)
- Authored and edited weekly feature articles:
- My Partner and I Have Agreed to Raise a Feminist-Traditionalist Child
- Trying to Get Pregnant is Helping Me Overcome My Addiction to Instant Gratification
- Raspberry Leaf, Moon Cycle, and All the Things My Mother Never Taught Me About Being a Woman
- How I’m Using Maca Root to Get Over the Election and Get Prepped for Pregnancy
- My Fertility Detox Isn’t Perfect Because…Beer
- I’m Afraid to See Mt GynecologistAfter Not tell Him About My Three Abortions
- Jane Fonda Gave Me Sex Advice in an Elevator and it Changed My Life
- Jennifer Lopez’s “Ain’t Your Mama” Ain’t My Feminism
- I Am Becky with the Good Hair…And I Am Also Beyoncé
Author/Editor, Ben Bella Books, Dallas, TX (2013–2016)
- Authored and edited:
- Vindicated (2015)
- Decor and the Single Girl (2014)
Author/Editor, XXL Magazine, New York, NY (2008)
- Authored and edited a feature article in XXL Magazine, entitled, ‘The Weight of Fire’.
Author/Editor, Hachette Book Group, New York, NY (2006–2013)
- Authored and edited:
- Satisfaction (2011)
- The Vixen Manual (2009)
- The Vixen Diaries (2007)
Author/Editor, Real Time with Bill Maher, Los Angeles, CA (2005)
- Authored and edited satyrical closing monologue
Author/Editor, Harper Collins Publishers, New York, NY (2005–2006)
- Authored and edited Confessions of a Video Vixen.
- Over a decade of experience in editing, copyediting, and proofreading
- Outstanding aptitude for identifying and correcting errors in copy
- Meticulous, knowledgable writer who can work in a wide variety of subject matters
- Hardworking, detail oriented, and able to multi-task in fast-paced environments
- Proficient in the use of Word, Pages, and Final Draft
- Proficient in the use of social media platforms such as Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest
- Proficient in the use of Macintosh hardware and software
- Provided editorial support to publishing teams
- Provided copy editing support to editorial teams
- Developed book and article titles
- Edited books and articles for style, grammar, spelling accuracy, and consistency
- School Library Journal: Reluctant Young Adult Readers in Non/Fiction Award
- African American Literary Award Nominee